About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is hiring exceptional interns to fill our dynamic positions! For this internship, you must be able to work full-time when not attending classes (i.e. summers, fall and spring breaks, etc.), and as much as is practical the rest of the year while attending/enrolled in school at least part-time.
This intern position is designed to prepare a student trainee for employment after graduation as a Land Surveyor. Interns will be assigned tasks designed to increase familiarity with the target occupation in a real world work environment.
This opportunity follows a standard promotional path:
- Internship selections will be made at the GS-02, GS-03 or GS-04 grade level(s). These grade levels are what typical college students in their second or third year can qualify for.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution on at least a half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled). Short-term training programs (e.g., several two-week programs completed) are not considered an academic course of study.Learn more about this agency
This position provides for development and training under the Pathways Internship Program. Intern assignments become more responsible as incumbent increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training.
At the full-performance level of GS-11, you will be expected to:
- Plan and execute studies relating to physical and cultural environments for use in civil works projects/activities/operations.
- Develop geo-referenced digital databases and ensures database information is correctly linked to appropriate mapping elements so that analyses of the information can be performed, displayed and outputted to create final products.
- Apply professional judgment, technical skills and knowledge to perform analyses of GIS data and produce final products.
- Assist in preparation of GIS, and/or photogrammetric provisions, specifications and estimates for negotiations of Architect-Engineering contracts.
- Review final technical results of work by contractors.
- Provide additional technical support on A-E contracts as requested by the Contract COR.
- Serve as the Operations Office geospatial coordinator.
- Review technical publications and other materials to maintain or improve technical knowledge and skills.
- Prepare and present correspondence, briefs, factual reports, charts, other documentation and demonstrations as necessary.
75% or less - Business Travel required 100% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466594000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.