Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE or "The Corps") is one of the best in America! In 2015, USACE ranked #128 out of 500 employers on Forbes' "America's Best Employers" list. From this list, the Corps ranked #10 in the government services industry, #6 in the federal government, and #8 in the engineering field. Follow this link for more information about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is an innovative, transformative organization providing engineering solutions to customers worldwide. Working at the Corps as a civilian employee means making a direct contribution to war fighters and their families; supporting overseas contingency operations; developing technology and systems that save the lives of soldiers and civilians; providing disaster relief; and protecting and enhancing the environment and the national economy.
About the Position:
This is a Water Supply Specialist, GS-0301-09 target GS-11 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Tulsa District, Engineering and Construction, Technical Services Section, located in Tulsa, OK.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
As a Water Supply Specialist you will represent the District in conferences with industry, State, and local governments pertaining to water supply issues including drought management activities at reservoirs located in three states within the Tulsa District performing the following duties:
- Execute contractual strategy used in providing water supply storage in Tulsa District projects.
- Serves as a team member for district water supply storage reallocation projects.
- Shares in the development of operating procedures and agreements for water supply, water quality and low flow, coordinating procedures with Federal and state agencies and local communities.
- Execute existing procedures used in the day-to-day operation of projects for the water supply function including water usage, metering, reporting and accounting.
- Attend negotiations for water supply withdrawal and storage contract agreements with water districts, municipalities, and large corporations.
- Coordinates with other elements in the Tulsa District on all matters regarding water supply.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Department of Army Civilian Employees, DoD Transfers, non-DoD Transfers, VEOA, ICTAP, Reinstatements and PPP Program S Registrants (Military Spouse)
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.