CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EASTERN
NG MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the NG. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the NG must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the NG in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA ARMY NG PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 1-402-309-7458
NOTE: MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED QUALIFIED BUT MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND KEEP A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE THROUGHOUT EMPLOYMENT. YOU WILL HAVE ONE YEAR FROM TIME OF EMPLOYMENT TO OBTAIN A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: SELECTEE WILL OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN DODi 8570.01 IAT III & IAM II CERTIFICATION WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF HIRING AND COMPUTING ENVIRONMENT (CE) CERTIFIED WITHIN 12 MONTHS (ACAS, HBSS, IRH). INITIAL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE EXPENSE OF THE GOVERNMENT. EXAM FEES MAY BE REIMBURSED AFTER SUCCESSFUL EXAM COMPLETION. VISIT http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx TO REFERENCE IA LEVEL INFORMATION.
This position is located in an information management organization. The purpose is to ensure compliance for information assurance throughout the state.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Dual Status (Excepted Service) Enlisted, Warrant Officer, or Officer position.
Open Area of Consideration: 1, 2 and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1- Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Techs of the NENG
Area 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temp techs of the NENG
Area 3 - Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the NENG
Area 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the NENG. Selected individual must become a member of the respective NENG prior to the effective date of hire.
Qualified applicants will be referred in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1 Applicants
2. Fully qualified Area 2 Applicants
3. Fully qualified Area 3 Applicants
4. Trainee Qualified Applicants
(1) Receives and reviews written guidance from a variety of DoD, federal and state investigative and enforcement agencies and interprets for impact in the state. Enforces established policy and guidance for all Information Assurance Systems Officers throughout the state. Enforces the state information assurance and accreditation policy.
(2) Directs actions required to prevent and/or correct information assurance deficiencies and violations. Exercises authority for denial of computer access and coordinates reestablishment of service.
(3) Assures compliance with security policy for external connections to the state network and assures compliance with the national and state policies. Works with the System Security Manager to develop procedures to protect information in the state networks. Monitors external connections to other state, territorial, or federal network domains as necessary. Identifies and reports violations of system security. Administers firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) and monitors unauthorized access. Implements virus protection plan.
(4) Evaluates the effectiveness of systems, devices, procedures, and methods used to safeguard information in computer accessible media and ensures correction of all state deficiencies on systems containing applicable security technology.
(5) Reviews/tests/updates continuity of operations plans (COOPS) and Security SOP's and actively participates in accreditation/reaccreditation processes.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel for training and work related activities
Who May Apply
This job is open to…AREA 1, 2, and 3; Open until filled. First cutoff is 5 APR 2017 with subsequent cutoffs every 7 days thereafter
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466342600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.