Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.Learn more about this agency
For over two centuries The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 17-1325-SE-AM-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS. NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in DHS, U.S. Coast Guard, Director of Operational Logistics, Base Miami, Naval Engineering Department, Industrial Production Facility, Miami, FL
This position is that of a Carpenter selectee will perform a variety of work in the construction, altering and repairing of building structures, fittings, panels, partitions and other wood or wood substitute articles.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Building, repairing, altering, lay out and/or erect, sills, beams, corner posts, ridge poles, trusses and frames and install window frames, doors, outside trim, inside trim, inside walls, laths, sheathing, floors, ceiling, stairs and associated hardware.
- Treating work and materials prior to installation to protect them from termites, rot, woodborers and other such damage.
- Applying paints, coverings and coatings to complete work.
- Assembling items with a variety of joining techniques.
- Building concrete forms with proper reinforcement steel material.
- Applying and making fiberglass repairs using multi-step polyester and epoxy plastic system.
Occasional travel - This position requires some travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466137300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.