Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
PLEASE NOTE: SECURITY GUARD POSITIONS ARE RESTRICTED TO VETERANS. NON VETERANS WILL BE CONSIDERED ONLY IN THE ABSENCE OF A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF VETERANS APPLYING TO THE NUMBER OF VACANCIES TO BE FILLED.
About the Position:
The surrounding community of Fort Polk is comprised of the towns of Leesville, DeRidder, New Llano and Anacoco. The nearest cities are Alexandria (45 miles northeast) and Lake Charles (55 miles south). The area is considered rural with Kisatchie National Forest, which offers hunting and recreational activities located nearby. Also, located nearby are Toledo Bend Lake, Vernon Lake and Anacoco Lake for those interested in fishing, boating, swimming etc.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Perform installation access, usage of physical access control equipment and visitor access on military installations.
- Performs security guard duties in accordance with appropriate regulations to detect and prevent theft, damage, accident, trespass, sabotage and espionage and to enforce the security regulations of the installation.
- Performs Physical Access Control Systems (PACS) registrar operations in order to enroll personnel into the system for the vetting and printing of visitor passes/badges.
- Operates the NCIC National Crime Information Center (NCIC/NCCIC) terminal in accordance with federal and state laws.
- As Team Lead this position is responsible to distribute and balance the workload among employees in accordance with established work flow or job specialization, assure timely accomplishment of the assigned workload, and assure that each employee has enough work to keep busy.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5 %.