About the Agency
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 17-1542-WE-NG-M. APPLICANTS WHO WISH TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS. NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, U. S. Coast Guard, Thirtenth District, Prevention Division, Waterways Management Branch, Detached Duty in Tongue Point, OR.
The selectee serves as an Equipment Specialist at the Thirteenth Coast Guard District's Tongue Point Facility in Astoria, OR. Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. The Equipment Specialist is responsible for:
- Performing technical analysis of contract specifications, equipment change orders, certifications and supply technical manuals as well as maintenance records, manuals, allowance lists, and other related technical publications and documentation.
- Serving as Aid to Navigation technical expert to all District Aids to Navigation units, providing technical advice, assistance, and specialized equipment knowledge necessary to support Coast Guard Aids to Navigations systems.
- Evaluating results/final product of District buoy overhaul contract with respect to workmanship and contract specifications upon arrival.
- Independently oversees a variety of programs or projects, analyzing trends and obstacles to meeting goals, and ensuring compliance with Coast Guard requirements with regards to quality assurance and inventory management.
- Compiling, maintaining, and revising allowance lists, provisioning documents, or other documents, or other designations of equipment, or components necessary for the efficient operation and repair of equipment systems.
- Occasional Travel
- This position requires occasional travel.