Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans". How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional nurse, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center is a 673-bed tertiary healthcare facility which provides care to over 100,000 veterans in northern Ohio. We provide care through our main medical facility at the Wade Park campus, 13 community based outpatient clinics, and 3 vet centers. The medical center has been recognized for more programs of excellence than any other Veterans Affairs Medical Center. These programs of excellence include: Open Heart Surgery, Care of the Seriously Mentally Ill, Geriatric Evaluation and Management, Substance Abuse Care, Spinal Cord Injury Care, Medical Care of the Homeless, Domiciliary Care of the Homeless, Functional Electrical Stimulation, Advance Platform Technology, Primary Care Education, and Patient-Centered Specialty Care Education. We are a teaching hospital providing a full range of patient care services to Veterans with state-of-the art technology as well as medical education and research. Our main campus in Cleveland, Ohio has a full service ER for both general acute care and psychiatric care and a comprehensive reference clinical laboratory. With us, you will find a challenging, yet rewarding career experience.
NOTE: Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel (for physicians and dentists) in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a Registered Nurse (RN), Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT). The position will function in Community Outpatient Service at the Mansfield Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The RN should demonstrate advanced clinical knowledge, leadership and mastery of nursing practice in delivering efficient, comprehensive and continuous patient-driven holistic care through active collaboration, communication, and coordination of resources. The RN duties include:
- Working in partnership with an assigned Primary Care Provider and a panel of outpatients for effective disease and chronic care management to include, but not limited to: Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, COPD and Hypertension.
- Triage and applying a collaborative team approach in identifying, analyzing, and resolving patient care problem, and develops care goals for resolving patient care problems.
- Participating in interdisciplinary meetings with patients, families and team interactions to facilitate collaboration.
- Initiating and participating in quality improvement activities that result in improved outcomes.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of multidisciplinary resources, programs and service, to include community resources as appropriate, collaborating with services internal and external to the VA to facilitate care transition to effectively meet the patients' needs.
- Supporting Primary Care/Mental Health Integration initiatives.
- Supporting patient care via Tele-Health, secure messaging, and telephone triage.
The work schedule for this position will be Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466134500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.