Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The incumbent will serve as an Education Records Specialist under the Director of the Academic Affairs at the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC). DLIFLC is the world's largest foreign language institute. The mission of the DLIFLC is to educate, sustain, evaluate, and support foreign language specialists under the guidelines of the Defense Foreign Language Program, which provides the Department of Defense and other Federal agencies with linguists fully capable of supporting United States national interest worldwide.
If the vacancy is filled at the GS-07 level, incumbent will be eligible to be noncompetitively promoted to the full performance GS-09 level. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor, and is contingent upon meeting regulatory and legal requirements for promotion, satisfactory performance and the availability of higher level work. Promotion is not guaranteed.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Manage enrollment status for all students and current faculty at the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC).
- Manage the preparation of student academic transcripts for all current and former graduates, and the American Council on Education (ACE) Credit by Exam program.
- Research student and faculty academic data in the Student Database System (SDB), local databases, and student card files or class folders for each student transcript request.
- Enter initial entry proficiency score information in SDB and the Army Training Requirements and Resources System (ATRRS) for students.
- Calculate and enter final grade point averages (GPA).
- Calculate the appropriate credit assignments.
- Prepare all student transcripts for mailing.
- Answer routine e-mail and telephonic questions referencing faculty, students, andtranscript request procedures and processing status.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel for Government Business and Training