This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:
This position is located at Evans Army Community Hospital, Department of Emergency Medicine Services (EMS), Ambulance Section. Fort Carson EMS provides service to over 100,000 people. Our primary mission includes staff and residents of Fort Carson.
This position requires a paramedic certification (EMT-P).
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
- 1 Responds on-site to accidents and other emergencies involving injury and illnesses, and sometimes encounters situations which may be life threatening.
- 2 Upon arrival at the scene, makes an independent preliminary assessment of the patient's condition and selects from a variety of prescribed protocols the one which is considered appropriate under the given circumstances.
- 3 Proceeds to provide the treatment as prescribed in the protocol.
- 4 Conducts a complete examination of the patient to determine the nature, extent, and seriousness of his condition and searches for medical alert symbols.
- 5 Prioritizes treatments for patient having multiple problems and employs a variety of established emergency medicine techniques, methods, and equipment to the appropriate medical facility.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465946300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.