About the Agency
A successful candidate in this position will serve as a General Engineer/Physical Scientist and utilize your expertise to provide direction, day-to-day oversight and contract administration of facilities management and project management related to the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Favorable suitability determination
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a “Q” Security Clearance
- Subject to Random Drug Testing
- Compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity which will require that you provide two forms of identification
- Financial disclosure is required
- A two year trial period may be required
- This position is covered under the Technical Qualification Program (TQP) which requires the incumbent to acquire and demonstrate competencies identified in the TQP Functional Area Qualification and Field Office specific standards and requires certification of the competencies by NNSA supervision and TQP qualifying officials. https://nnsaportal.energy.gov/collab/na-mb/na-mb-40-lcm/na-mb-42-tqp/SitePages/Home.aspx
- This position may be subject to the Human Reliability Program (HRP)
As a General Engineer/Physical Scientist, you will:
- Review the approval process at the Los Alamos Field Office for the hazard categorization process, the safety analysis process, the hazard controls process, the safety analysis configuration control process, and the integrated safety management process for all assigned industrial (non-nuclear), accelerators, and/or nuclear facilities.
- Identify standards and controls that apply to the inherent hazards of scope of work and incorporates this information into documents that control the work activity.
- Apply a working level depth of knowledge of statutory and regulatory mandates that are related to environment, safety and health to provide for safe industrial, non-nuclear, and/or nuclear facility operations.
- Provide formal comments for resolution by the contractor and pursue resolution of those comments and gain approval of the proposed changes to support facility mission priorities.
- Identify, analyze and devise workable alternatives for managing the more complex issues associated with the safety basis program.
- Manage, coordinate, and authorize work in context of the safety analysis program support of the programmatic mission of the facilities.
- Responsible for all aspects of tactical and strategic planning on how to address contractor facility design and safety.