About the Agency
This position is part of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency.
The incumbent serves as a Protocol, Travel and Management Specialist within the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA).
The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) is the principal staff element of the Secretary of Defense in the exercise of policy development, planning, resource management, fiscal, and program evaluation responsibilities. OSD includes the immediate offices of the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense, Under Secretaries of Defense, Director of Defense Research and Engineering, Assistant Secretaries of Defense, General Counsel, Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, Assistants to the Secretary of Defense, Director of Administration and Management, and such other staff offices as the Secretary establishes to assist in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
As a Protocol Specialist, GS-0301-11, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities for ceremonies and all social events related to the arrival through the departure of all Distinguished Visitors (DV) such as Foreign Ministry of Defense, Political Appointees, General offices and Senior Executives Service.
- Resolves precedent setting issues by analyzing and interpreting protocol policies anf guidelines.
- Develops, updates and publishes agency protocol Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for DV office calls, ceremonies, awards, retirements and farewell ceremonies.
- Provides broad administrative support to the Director, Deputy and Military Assistant and manages the front office daily schedule.
- Manages and coordinates all travel arrangements for the Director, Deputy and Military Assistant.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.