OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The VA Maine Healthcare System is seeking a Clinical Pharmacy Technician to provide clinical, administrative and clerical support to the pharmacist managed anticoagulation and disease state management clinics. This position is under the Pharmacy Service Line. We are an employer of choice and a center of excellence in patient care, education and research. We value Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence. We value you!
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Relocation Expenses and Recruitment/Relocation Incentives are not authorized for this position.
This position is NOT subject to a Financial Disclosure Report.
This is a TERM Appointment, Not To Exceed 1 year but may be extended.
Learn more about this agency
Current VA employees should apply under Announcement # VHA-402-17-LLR-1927587
The incumbent must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities to provide clinical, administrative and clerical support to the pharmacist managed anticoagulation and disease state management clinics. All work is performed under the supervision of the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist and under policies approved by the Clinical Executive Board. The clinical pharmacy technician must be certified by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). The incumbent must have the ability to independently gather, evaluate, and analyze data of patients per established policies and discern when to bring outlier data to the attention of the assigned clinical pharmacists. The incumbent will have interaction with multiple customer levels and must be able to communicate orally and in writing in an accurate and concise manner which supports the needs of the pharmacist and the Veteran. The incumbent must have the ability to operate and use the Pharmacy and VA information systems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Continuously reviews faxed and electronic lab values, monitoring them for outlier results, referring them to the appropriate clinical pharmacist for action.
· Performs regular Quality Assurance (QA) duties including review of the charts to monitor unscheduled lab appointments. Enters appropriate data into applicable databases.
· Reviews recent lab values and conducts stable telephone calls to inform the patient of their results.
· Monitors patient compliance with lab draws, following up with phone calls, or written reminder.
· Contacts outside lab facilities as needed to obtain lab results.
· Completes and faxes necessary paperwork for "Standing Orders" to outside labs on an as needed basis.
· Assists with scheduling and assigning consults as appropriate for the Clinical Pharmacy Specialists.
· Assigns necessary workload for the day to Clinical Pharmacy Specialists.
· Assists in triaging and scheduling new patient consultations to the anticoagulation and disease state management clinics.
· Coordinates patient's anticoagulation and disease state management care with internal and external health agencies under the direction of a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7am to 3:30pm OR 7:30am to 4pm OR 8am to 4:30pm
Functional Statement Title/#: Clinical Pharmacy Technician, Anticoagulation/Disease State Management
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465771100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.