Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1927382
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The incumbent for this position is not required to file a
financial disclosure report.
Current Federal employees or Veterans with preference should apply under Vacancy Identification Number 1927293.
Serves as a direct assistant to the pharmacist, requiring performance of duties with an understanding of workflow, the pharmacy routine, and the responsibilities of the pharmacy programs.
Incumbent works independently and under the supervision of a pharmacist and demonstrates the ability to carry out the instructions as given by a pharmacist. The technician works to support the pharmacist, VA and VHA mission, and
Veterans in our system.
Major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives and reviews pharmacy dispensing orders for accuracy of information, duplication, and authorization for dispensing in order to process.
- Functions as first-line telephone contact for nursing units, nurses, and providers.
- Prepackages medication in unit of use or unit dose packaging utilizing automatic equipment.
- Provides technical support for the unit dose medication program.
- Prepares inpatient drug orders including all medical dosage forms.
- Fills ward/Ominicell orders for a variety of drugs including; tablets, capsules, liquids, injections, etc. for wards and clinics without secondary review.
- Fills unit cart-fill from the automated dispensing machine.
Work Schedule:Various, including nights and weekends
Functional Statement Title:Pharmacy Inpatient Technician