About the Agency
Experience your America and build a fulfilling career by joining the National Park Service, as we prepare for a second century of Stewardship and Engagement. Become a part of our mission to connect with our past and create important connections to the future by building a rich and lasting legacy for the next generation of park visitors, supporters and advocates. For additional information about the NPS, click on the “About the Agency” link above.
This position is located at the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) in Boise, Idaho. Information about the Boise area can be found at www.boisechamber.org.
- Provides oversight and counsel for structural fire management policy and implementation.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating structural fire management policy, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for the management of the service-wide structural fire program and assists Directorate, Regions, and field areas in the full range of structural fire activities.
- Coordinates all daily operations and staff activities of the Structural Fire Program Center in concert with the general program direction provided by the Division Chief.
- Represents the service on various agency and interagency committees. Works closely with the National Fire Protection Association, U.S Fire Administration and other agencies to ensure that the latest technology and national fire standards are integrated and implemented in NPS structural fire management policy.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is required to attend trainings, conferences, workshops, and field visits.