Learn more about this agency
GAO's work is designed to address four common goals:
- to help the Congress address current and emerging challenges to the well-being and financial security of the American people;
- to help the Congress to respond to changing security threats and the challenges of global interdependence;
- to help transform the Federal government to address national challenges; and
- to maximize the value of GAO by enabling quality, timely service to Congress and by being a leading practices Federal agency.
To learn more about GAO please visit us on the web at GAO.
This position is located in GAO's Applied Research and Methods (ARM) team, Office of the Managing Director. ARM contributes to the overall quality of the information that GAO provides in support of Congressional and Federal agency decision making; and provides objective support to GAO teams. The team is led by the Managing Director, who directs the design and execution of appropriate methodologies that help GAO reports and other documents improve government operations through subordinate operational centers: the Center for Design, Methods and Analysis; the Center for Economics; the Center for Evaluation Methods and Issues; the Center for Enhanced Analytics; and the Center for Science, Technology and Engineering. The centers offer expertise in many areas including cost analysis, engagement design, economics, data analysis, evaluation, science, statistics, surveys, technology, engineering, and IT security.
ARM is seeking an experienced professional to serve as an Communication Analyst (Written); responsible for assisting team and offices in the development and production of reports, correspondence, tetimonies and other products; assisting in the design and scope of engagements; and providing instruction on message development and writing. Specifically, the incumbent:
- Analyzes and writes draft products by recommending reorganization and revisions to improve coherence, flow, clarity and consistency; ensures consistency between themes and overall message and addresses gaps in logic or evidence to ensure that products meet GAO quality control standards.
- Assists in writing and/or editing the content of internal and external written products, web sites, and oral presentations, including briefings, presentations, speeches, articles for publication and white papers.
- Supports teams and offices in the production of reports, and other products including special publications which may involve innovative and atypical publishing requirements. Helps develop, write, and produce blog posts, social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, WatchBlog), video storyboards, podcast introductions and questions, and website text.
- Participates in meetings with high level officials to facilitate product development. Acts as liaison with teams and offices on matters involving writing and editing.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This announcement is open to current, permanent U.S. Government Accountability Office employees ONLY.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465625800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.