This position is located in the Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO), Aircraft Operations Center (AOC), with one vacancy in MacDill AFB, FL.Learn more about this agency
This position is also announced under vacancy number OMAO-AOC-2017-0003, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
The full performance level of this position is a GS-12.
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit
This vacancy may be used to fill other Equipment Specialist (King Air), GS-1670-11 FPL 12 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
Selective Placement Factor: In addition to meeting the above, applicants must also have a current/valid FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate. Failure to submit this with your application will result in your application being marked as ineligible.
As an Equipment Specialist (King Air), you will perform the following duties:
- Work with the primary Equipment Specialist to advise on, inspect and approve all airframe, mechanical, electrical/environmental, avionics, powerplant, propeller and pneumatic and hydraulic repairs on assigned aircraft.
- Perform aircraft modifications and repairs, magnetic and dye penetration inspections (NDI), flight control and powerplant rigging checks.
- Install, align, modify and adjust the various aircraft systems, sub-assemblies and surfaces according to specifications in repair and manufacturer’s manuals, as well as other engineering specifications as required by the specialized nature of on-board equipment.
- Complete technical documentation both manually and digitally, related to various functions within the area of responsibility, to ensure completeness and compliance with Federal, manufacturer and Agency requirements under the guidance of a higher graded specialist.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% of domestic travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465566000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.