Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
This position is located at Evans Army Community Hospital, Department of Surgery, Orthopedic Service, Fort Carson, CO.
Ft. Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste. It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. World-class ski resorts are available within a short 2 1/2 hour drive, golf courses and biking trails are available on the installation as well as in the surrounding community. Numerous colleges and universities are available for continuing education.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
May include shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician (Orthopedic Surgery), you will:
- Examine, diagnose, treat and/or prevent by medical and/or surgical means, diseases and injuries of the bones, joints, muscles and tendons.
- Provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur to individuals presented for care.
- Manage extremely difficult outpatient, inpatient, and operative orthopedic cases, and make expert recommendations to the chief regarding definitive management of these cases.
- Provide professional advice to medical staff upon request, in emergency situations, with regard to professional management of patients being treated.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% Business Travel Required.