About the Agency
The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze subject to certain limited exceptions. This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.
Department of Defense (DoD)
Department of Defense
Education Activity (DoDEA)
The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military- connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate, engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence.
DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents. DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from prekindergarten through grade 12.
If you are applying through Merit procedures, the following information applies to you:
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to:Current or Former Permanent Civilian Federal Employees in the Competitive Service; Displaced employees (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan - ICTAP eligible) within the Local Commuting Area; and individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM): Veterans with a disability rating of 30% or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Eligible Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. (Click on the links for more information regarding eligibility for these special appointment authorities: http://archive.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp#6 or www.opm.gov/disability.)
If you are applying through Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) procedures, the following information applies to you:
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: All U.S. Citizens
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who currently hold federal excepted service appointments are Outside the Area of Consideration for the Merit. You must apply on the DEU for consideration.
This position is organizationally titled: Chief, Assessment Branch-ORG 345/FSPS 9731
As a Chief, Assessment you will be responsible for the following duties:
- The Chief of Assessment is responsible for providing direction and coordination of assigned program areas of educational assessment and initiatives of the DoDEA Education Directorate.
The purpose of this position is to provide oversight responsibilities to assigned program area of the
- DoDEA comprehensive assessment system (formative and summative); facilitation and report generation as outlined by organization policy and guidance.
- Employee provides supervisory oversight and manages subordinates performance and monitor and address workplace welfare. Employee reports to the Principal Deputy Director and Associate Director for Academics.
- Responsible for education program development and resourcing for implementation.
Exercise delegated managerial authority to develop and resource a series of annual, multiyear long-range and short-range agency programs.
- Incumbent is the responsible official for assessment of program policies, and integrating policies into overall DoDEA policies, program, and procedures.
- Leads system-wide evaluation and effectiveness of the assigned program areas of responsibility.
- Reviews and analyzes all activities and initiates appropriate action to assure achievement of maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and economy of all assigned program areas.
- Reports the results of these analyses and recommends corrective action when appropriate.
- Oversees and ensures that employees are trained on standardized testing protocol.
Upholds, develops, and implements guidance, and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and organization policies.
- Produces and analyzes statistical reports in order to improve services.
- Assesses the system-wide effectiveness of assigned areas of responsibility by monitoring implementation of policy, procedures, and standards in Headquarters, district, and school level leadership.
- Furnishes staff assistance to the DoDEA Area and Districts as well as other HQ components on matters pertaining to the assigned program areas. Travels to Districts, and individual schools throughout DoDEA as required to fulfill mission requirements.
- Incumbent is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of contractor performance and directs the assistance of contractor staff and government staff as relates to the provisions for assessment and projects.
- Manages and monitors identified budget, requisitions purchases and contract responsibilities as assigned each fiscal year.
- Performs a full range of supervisory responsibilities. Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Develops performance standards; and evaluates work performance of subordinate supervisors and Team leaders; serves as the reviewing official on evaluations of nonsupervisory employees rated by subordinate supervisors.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel May Be Required