Quality Assurance Specialist
Appointment Type: Temporary Promotion
Salary Range: $60,210.00-$78,270.00
IF SELECTED, CURRENT TECHNICIAN'S TENURE WILL TRANSFER WITH MEMBER TO THIS POSITION
*Candidates must possess and maintain a Secret Security Clearance*
This position is a temporary promotion -- Technician selected will return to previous job at the end of the 2 Year Promotion.
*PCS is not authorized*
MEMBERSHIP IN THE AIR NATIONAL GUARD IS REQUIRED: This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in the Idaho Air National Guard as a condition of employment. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Loss of military membership will result in immediate loss of your full-time military technician position.
In accordance with the Labor Management Agreement, Article 18, Promotions:
Area of Consideration
The area of consideration for all Idaho National Guard bargaining unit positions will be as follows:
(1) Bargaining unit members
(2) All other individuals
This does not preclude management from selecting either Section (1) or Section (2) applications after Section (1) applicants have been considered.
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
Current Onboard Technicians in the Idaho Air National Guard.
Application materials must be received by Friday, April 07, 2017. Failure to provide complete information may result in your not receiving consideration for this position. Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations section to understand the requirements.Learn more about this agency
MAJOR DUTIES: (Complete and detailed duties are on the Position Description)
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
The primary purpose of this position is to establish and execute a planned systematic approach of quality assurance for all areas of aircraft maintenance, designed to provide the maintenance managers confidence that aircraft, aircraft systems, munitions, equipment, products or supporting processes conform to technical, safety, work load and customer requirements. The overall objective is to ensure that quality considerations are addressed and requirements achieved for all aircraft maintenance work and support functions to ensure end items perform as intended with reliability.
(1)Serves as the Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) for wing maintenance policy, advising supervisors and employees on both general policy and specific maintenance matters.
(2) Maintenance Standardization Evaluation Program (MSEP): Administers, evaluates, and coordinates a comprehensive quality assurance, maintenance standardization, and inspection program for all areas of the maintenance organization, all maintenance disciplines, job series and Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSCs).
(3) Utilizes data collection techniques and procedures for evaluation, inspection, and audit programs, evaluates the results and determines the appropriate and effective method and format for presentation to higher-level management.
(4) Collaborates with the Maintenance Group Commander, Maintenance Squadron Commanders, and Quality Assurance Supervisor to plan, develop, implement, inspect, and report numerous critical compliance issues and review the Configuration Management (CM) programs.
(5) Serves as the Aircraft Weight and Balance program manager utilizing complex computer based programs, data bases, electronic weighing apparatus, and integrated weight and balance computers for the Wing to maintain strict accounting of aircraft weight and balance for safe flight operations.
(6) Reviews wing depot-level assistance requests developed in accordance with tech orders.
(7) Prepares and reviews Product Quality Deficiency Reports (QDR) prior to releasing to the Air Logistics Center (ALC) or Aircraft Sustainment Group and performs exhibit-processing oversight by coordinating with ALC and Logistics Readiness Squadron to ensure proper exhibit control and handling.
(8) Serves as the authority for determining applicability of Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) and One Time Inspections (OTI).
(9) Manages the Technical Order Improvement Program and Suggestion Program for the wing.
(10) Executes a Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) to monitor Contractor Logistic Support (CLS) aircraft or Contract Field Team (CFT).
(11) Maintains direct contact with the NGB staffand with counterparts at other ANG bases in order to resolve problems affecting maintenance capabilities and compliance.
(12) Manages and conducts quality verification inspections and surveillance inspections of conventional weapons systems and components
(13) Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…CURRENT ONBOARD TECHNICIANS IN THE IDAHO AIR NATIONAL GUARD
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465446500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.