Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The U.S. Army Center of Military History's (CMH) mission is to accurately collect, preserve, interpret, and express the Army's history and material culture in order to educate and professionally develop our Army, the military profession and the Nation more broadly. This position with CMH, is located at Fort Belvoir, VA. The incumbent serves as a Field Museums Division Chief, responsible for the staff oversight activity, program management and overall operations for Army Museums under CMH executive and local control.
This is Program (61)
The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze subject to certain limited exceptions. This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
The incumbent of this position will:
- Provide supervision and coordination of long term strategic plans to manage and monitor performance with attainable goals.
- Serve as a rater for Field Museum Division staff, and senior rater or higher level reviewer for Field Museum employees within assigned museums.
- Direct appropriate policy or action necessary to ensure field museums are resourced and functioning properly.
- Assign measurable, well-defined performance objectives and standards for each employee.
- Oversee liaison with Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) and National Guard museums.
- 25% or Greater
- 25% Official Travel Or More May Be Required