THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EST
NG MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the NG. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with this requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the NG must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the NG in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTION REGARDING ELIGBILITY TO JOIN THE NEARNG, PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUTING OFFICE AT 1-402-309-7458.
This position is located in an information management organization. The purpose of the position is to serve as the technical expert and project leader for information technology (IT) systems administration. The systems administered involve multiple computers running multiple operating systems. The incumbent is responsible for the planning and coordinating the installation, testing, system security configuration and monitoring, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of all server hardware and software.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: USPFO-DPC, Lincoln, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Dual Status Officer, Warrant Officer or Enlisted Position only.
NOTE: MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED QUALIFIED.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: SELECTEEE WILL OBATIAN AND MAINTAIND DODi 8570.01 IAT III CERTIFICATION WITHIN 6 MONTHS, WAIVERABLE TO 1 YEAR. VISIT http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx TO REFERENCE IA LEVEL INFORMATION.
Open Area of Consideration: 1, 2, and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1-Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit technicians of the NENG
Area 2-All Drill Status/M-Day members and temp techs of the NENG
Area 3-Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the NENG
Area 4-All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the NENG. Selected individual must become a members of the respective NENG prior to the effective date of hire.
Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1 applicants
2. Fully qualified Area 2 applicants
3. Fully qualified Area 3 applicants
4. Trainee applicants
(1) Serves as project leader responsible for developing, assigning and coordinating duties and projects for systems administrators. The project members are specifically assigned to one or more of the multiple system platforms located throughout the state.
(2) Develops, modifies, and tests overall system backup and recovery strategies for all assigned systems.
(3) Serves as a technical expert and focal point for the installation, configuration and testing of hardware and software associated with multiple operating systems and computer platforms. Provides technical assistance and analysis to other IT personnel involved in system design, programming, database design, and adapting commercially available software. Determines equipment requirements, communications, and interfaces with other systems. Evaluates machine usage based on current usage patterns and develops plans for the acquisition of hardware and software needed to support future IT requirements.
(4) Serves as the senior systems administrator responsible for planning, coordinating, modifying, implementing, and troubleshooting to support customer needs. Work pertains to the administration of all systems, including ensuring the efficient integration between systems as well as compatibility with Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure.
(5) Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends hardware/software changes to various computer systems. Considers factors such as compatibility with standard systems, conversion or implementation costs, and impact on existing equipment.
(6) Develops guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), bulletins and flyers concerning the operation/use of C4 systems, services, and activities. Provides interpretation of higher authority regulations and guidance concerning IT system activities/services and coordinates with internal departments and external agencies concerning the resolution of problem areas encountered. Advises the information management staff on issues pertaining to operating systems and hardware status.
(7) Plans and schedules the installation of new or modified hardware, operating systems, and software applications. Directs testing of vendor-provided software. Develops, documents, coordinates, updates and validates the state Continuity of Operation Plan (COOP) procedures for system disaster recovery.
(8) Implements operating system releases and maintains the operational status of systems.
(9) Performs security management in accordance with National Guard Bureau (NGB) regulations and state policies. Develops and analyzes local policies regarding system access, network rights, and physical access to systems and equipment.
(10) Develops policy for all systems storage requirements throughout the state. Designs and modifies the storage structure and correlation between systems. Modifies system parameters on multiple operating systems, integrating the use of Storage Area Networks (SAN), to achieve maximum system efficiency. Analyzes system operating to identify bottlenecks and takes action to resolve problems and ensure optimal performance and consistency.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel for training and work activities
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Areas 1, 2, and 3; Open until filled; First cutoff is 21 MAR 17 with subsequent cutoffs every 7 days thereafter
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465420100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.