Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1924319
This is a bargaining unit position.
Tour of Duty: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays, and Rotating Shifts
Duty Hours: Applicants will be required to work multiple tours of duty and rotating schedules- 7:30 am to 4:00p.m.; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. & 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position is located in Pharmacy Service.
Functional Statement can be reviewed in the Human Resources Management Office.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives ARE NOT authorized.
Relocation expenses ARE NOT authorized.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
Contact the Agency Contact on the last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Project Legacy Statement:
Residents of Greater New Orleans enjoy one of the highest qualities of life in the United States. While we are known to enjoy many of the best restaurants in the world, more than 300 festivals, vibrant nightlife, not to mention Mardi Gras, that's just the beginning of what we have to offer. We treasure family and community, our children have access to high-quality education, we enjoy an incredible abundance of the arts, and so much more!
Here at Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System, we strive to be an efficient organization through continual process improvement and orderliness by eliminating waste in everything we do. We are generating a Lean environment of abundance and ownership, enabling us to become "one team creating the perfect patient experience"so that we may honor Veterans and their families.
We're in the process of constructing and activating a new medical center that will serve as a model for health care of the future and set the standards for patient-centered care, flexibility and sustainability. It will be a level one, 200 bed tertiary care regional referral center that is projected to serve 70,000 enrolled Veterans. The new medical center will be approximately 1.6 million square feet, with two additional 1,000-car garages for both patients and staff on a 30-acre site in New Orleans. The facility has been designed to meet the full array of VA missions: health care to America's heroes, education, research and national preparedness. It will authentically reflect the culture of the region and be the cornerstone for the emerging biosciences industry in New Orleans. You can help us build from the ground up. Create history with us and join our team!
For more information about the greater New Orleans area, visit http://www.destinationgno.com/
To learn more about Project Legacy, the project to design and build a new medical center to replace the one damaged from Hurricane Katrina, visit http://www.neworleans.va.gov/Project_Legacy.asp
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VANewOrleans
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VANewOrleans
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
This position functions primarily in Pharmacy Service and/or the outpatient care within the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reads and interprets prescriptions.
- Assists with inventory management and ordering of medicines.
- Collects drug use evaluation data for quality improvement purposes as required.
- Answers questions from pharmacy and non-pharmacy personnel regarding drug distribution.
- Conducts monthly ward inspection of outpatient primary care areas.
- Monitors inventory needs for outpatient care areas.
- Places stock in proper storage arrears, rotates stock on shelves, and removes/replaces out dated items
- Provides training to new or existing staff to ensure technical competencies are maintained.
- Provides patient education on pharmacy topics such as the requesting refill process, drug information sheets, etc.
- Operates and maintain complicated pharmacy equipment.
- Assists in total quality movement activities by participates in and service process assessment.
- Fills prescriptions, pharmacy phone triages, window prescription dispenses and narcotic vault assignments.
- Determines proper amount and counts, pours, and/or measures medications.
- Affixes proper labels and records required data on Pharmacy's copy of prescription/order.
- Dispenses medication in ambulatory care and/or discharge situations.