Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The Center of Military History mission is to accurately collect, preserve, interpret, and express the Army's history and material culture in order to educate and professionally develop our Army, the military profession and the Nation more broadly. This position with the U.S. Army Center Military History, is located at Fort Belvoir, VA. The incumbent serves as an Exhibits Specialist (Design) and designs both for long-term and temporary exhibitions for visitor centers and museums within the Army Museum Enterprise (AME).
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Serve as an Exhibits Specialist (Design) and designs exhibits for both long term and temporary exhibitions for visitor centers and museums within the Army Museum Enterprise (AME).
- Prepare Staff Action Memorandum (SAM) and budget documents needed to design, fabricate and install exhibitions.
- Act as Contracting Officer Representative (COR) or Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) for design work that is contacted out and oversees the compliance of design contractors, fabrication and installation contractors, media contractors.
- Secure images and image rights, sizes and manipulates digital images for production, designs and formats.
- Prepare page layouts for AME newsletter, web publications and other digital products.