Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This is a part time position. Part-time federal workers under permanent appointments are eligible, on a prorated basis, for the same benefits as full-time employees: leave, retirement, and health and life insurance coverage. The following describes eligibility, coverage, and limitations.
- Duty location: You will be working at the Dwight D Eisenhower Army Medical Center located at Fort Gordon, GA.
- Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
- Fort Gordon, GA: Nestled along the Savannah River banks, Augusta is the second largest and oldest city in Georgia. The city is less than 150 miles east of Atlanta and is an easy drive from Atlantic beaches and the mountains. While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters golf tournament, you'll find that the "Garden City of the South" is full of history, atmosphere, and activities to engage everyone's interest. Residents enjoy tree-lined streets with extensive shopping, dining, culture, and entertainment.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician (Psychiatry), you will:
- Perform duties of a Practitioner and Consultant in Psychiatry with emphasis on problems of all levels of complexity to provide treatment services in any capacity.
- Make recommendations on major diagnostic and treatment plans.
- Provide follow-up care for chronic inpatient and outpatient with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc.
- Prescribing appropriate treatment or referring patients to appropriate specialty clinics.