Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- This position is located at the Dwight D Eisenhower Army Medical Center.
- Nestled along the Savannah River banks, Augusta is the second largest and oldest city in Georgia. The city is less than 150 miles east of Atlanta and is an easy drive from Atlantic beaches and the mountains. While Augusta is known worldwide for the Masters golf tournament, you'll find that the "Garden City of the South" is full of history, atmosphere, and activities to engage everyone's interest. Residents enjoy tree-lined streets with extensive shopping, dining, culture, and entertainment.
- Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
- Applications will be reviewed and referred for selection as vacancies occur within the organization.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician (Psychiatry) at Ft Gordon you will:
- Provide psychiatric consultation and education to primary care physicians.
- Diagnose and treat mental disorders listed as described in the DSM IV.
- Utilize all treatment modalities to include groups, individual psychotherapy, family therapy, pharmacotherapy, community psychiatry, and liaison therapy.
- Consult with students and peers regarding outpatient and inpatient client problems.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 10% Business Travel is required.