About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program. Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
Who May Apply:
Students who are eligible for participation in the Department of the Army Internship Program
Positions are open to current students pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution.
To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Two vacancies located at Buffumville Lake in Charlton, MA ($32,334.00-$42,029.00)
One vacancy located at East Brimfield Lake in Sturbridge, MA ($32,334.00-$42,029.00)
Two vacancies located at West Thompson Park in North Grosvenordale, CT($32,548.00-$42,307.00)
One vacancy located at West Hill Dam in Uxbridge, MA ($32,334.00-$42,029.00)
You will participate as a Pathways Intern in a formalized cooperative education-training program while receiving on-the-job experience with the New England District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. As a student trainee Park Ranger, you will present a variety of informal and formal programs including but not limited to:
- Orientation talks, environmental education programs, and conducted walks using a variety of audio visual and other equipment used in connection with interpretive materials, e.g., projectors, cassettes and video equipment.
- Greet and inform visitors and answer questions about park facilities and resources.
- Direct visitors with problems, questions or complaints.
- Educate visitors regarding rules, regulations and safety concerns to gain compliance.
- Duties are performed on or off-site at location designated by the project manager, e.g., park amenities, remote locations, schools, etc.
- Assist in the operation of special events.
- Operations and maintenance activities related to natural resource management/environmental stewardship, e.g., wildlife habitat/food plots, trail and planting bed maintenance, natural resource surveys, etc.
- Operations and maintenance relate to recreation management, e.g. beach maintenance, recreation area inspections and correction of noted deficiencies, etc.
- Operations and maintenance related to flood risk management, e.g. obtaining and reporting water level readings and outflows, working on dam slopes, dam tower security checks, etc.
- Assists with the administration of service contracts for grounds maintenance, trash removal/facility cleanup, park attendants, and vegetative management and law enforcement.
- Works closely with volunteers regarding all above items.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465234100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.