Appointment Type: Indefinite
PD #: D2230000
Salary Range: $60,210.00-$78,270.00
MAY CONVERT TO PERMANENT STATUS WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION IF POSITION BECOMES AVAILABLE
*Candidates may have to possess or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance*
*PCS is not authorized*
MEMBERSHIP IN THE ARMY NATIONAL GUARD IS REQUIRED: This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in the Idaho Army National Guard as a condition of employment. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Loss of military membership will result in immediate loss of your full-time military technician position.
In accordance with the Labor Management Agreement, Article 18, Promotions:
Area of Consideration
The area of consideration for all Idaho National Guard bargaining unit positions will be as follows:
(1) Bargaining unit members
(2) All other individuals
This does not preclude management from selecting either Section (1) or Section (2) applications after Section (1) applicants have been considered.
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
Current members in the Idaho Army National Guard.
Application materials must be received by Thursday, March 30, 2017. Failure to provide complete information may result in your not receiving consideration for this position. Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations section to understand the requirements.Learn more about this agency
MAJOR DUTIES:(Detailed duties are on the Position Description available at the Human Resources Office)
The purpose of the position is to develop and oversee the execution of the command's operations, training plans and policies. Provides staff planning and assistance to ensure the required training readiness objectives are achieved and deployment planning and preparation requirements are accomplished.
1. Formulates, oversees and evaluates overall training programs for the State. Develops short and long term training plans that support the Adjutant General's (TAG) training guidance. Issues instructions and procedures to subordinate organizations for the conduct of activities which meet the commander's training guidance and directives of higher headquarters. Establishes and monitors the conduct of a training evaluation program for subordinate organizations. Conducts and/or coordinates staff assistance visits and command level inspections in the area of training, physical security and readiness. Evaluates the mission essential task lists of subordinate organizations to ensure conformity with higher headquarters, commander's guidance and intent, Army doctrine, and regulatory requirements. Reviews training evaluation and inspection reports to identify systemic problems and trends. Determines and formulates needed revisions or improvements to training activities. Reviews training plans and schedules of subordinate organizations for approval and revision as necessary to ensure compliance with yearly training guidance. Provides technical guidance and assistance to subordinate commanders or other operations and training personnel pertaining to scheduling and conducting training. Directs the scheduling and ensures the execution of special training courses on a variety of subjects such as communications procedures, leadership courses, marksmanship training.
2. Develops and prepares annual operational and training budget requirements. Recommends sub-allocations of funding for subordinate organizations in accordance with annual funding allowance and established priorities. Approves requests for reallocation based on the commander's guidance and priorities and changes in scheduled training events. Evaluates, develops, and maintains command level policies commensurate with training directives issued by all echelons of command and the commander's guidance.
3. Evaluates organizational readiness reports and makes recommendations for improvement/modification to organizational training programs. Analyzes proposed changes and determines effects on organizational readiness and the ability of organizations to accomplish assigned missions. Develops and reviews requests for changes to future authorization documents. Coordinates with other staff elements and subordinate organizations for the review and analysis of force modernization and future organizational structure and allowances.
4. Develops, reviews and adjusts command level deployment and contingency
operation plans. Provides technical guidance and assistance to subordinate units in the development of deployment and redeployment plans for use in responding to local/state/national emergencies, homeland security missions, and anti-terrorism/force protection.
5. Directs scheduling and coordination for the use of training sites and facilities. Ensures coordination with logistical personnel for the availability of required equipment and supplies for training activities. Reviews and forwards requests for the local procurement and acquisition of training aids, manuals, or other instructional material not available within normal supply channels.
6. Develops and implements Risk Management plans and programs for the command. Analyzes trends within the command and makes recommendations for changes to policies and activities to minimize risks of training activities and increase individual safety awareness.
7. Plans, organizes and assigns work to employees engaged in training, security and readiness at the command level. May participate in the selection of hiring new employees. Revises assignments or details employees to other duties as necessary to meet changing work situations, deadlines, or priorities. Establishes performance standards and evaluates employee performance. Prepares formal requests and recommendations for promotions, reassignments, etc.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…CURRENT MEMBERS IN THE IDAHO ARMY NATIONAL GUARD.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465066800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.