Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This Center of Military mission is to accurately collect, preserve, interpret, and express the Army's history and material culture in order to educate and professionally develop our Army, the military profession and the Nation more broadly.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
The incumbent of this position will:
- Advise the Chief of Military History on a wide variety of subjects, with special cognizance of responsibility in such areas as command historical programs; military history, education coordination with international military history program.
- Coordinate with international military history programs planning for and coverage of U.S. Army involvement in combat and contingency operations.
- Train and prepare Military History Detachments (MHDs).
- Manage the research collection and library of the U.S. Army Center of Military History (CMH).
- Manage four branches of the Field Programs and Historical Services Division-Field and International, Historical Resources Organizational History, and Staff Support and Analysis and all assigned programs and projects.