The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Nebraska National Guard
THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EASTERN.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE MILITARY (NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD) PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 1-402-309-1172.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN THE LEVEL OF SECURITY CLEARANCE/BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
This position is located in the Environmental Management Office as the installation Environmental Program Manager for ANG units with flying missions. Serves as the single point of contact for the initiation, development, and execution of all environmental activities and development of regulatory guidance for an installation and its immediate geographic region, with a collaborative influence extending to a broader area. Regional responsibilities include, but are not limited to: aircraft mishap response, off site release assessments, air emission estimates, storm water discharge monitoring, and hazardous material shipments.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: 155 CES, Lincoln, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Dual Status (Excepted Service) Officer position only.
Open Area of Consideration: Area 1, 2, and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1- Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Army and Air National Guard
Area 2 - All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard
Area 3 - Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard
Area 4 - All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska Air National Guard. Selected individuals must become a member of the respective Nebraska National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1, 2 and 3 applicants
(1) Manages a complex, highly technical environmental management and protection program and serves as the installation's single most knowledgeable expert on DoD, AF, ANG, EPA state specific environmental laws and regulations. Environmental Management duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (1) Hazardous Waste Management; (2) Storm Water Management and Control; (3) Air Quality; (4) Water Quality; (5) Pollution Prevention; (6) Green Procurement; (7) Environmental Restoration Program; (8) Cultural and Natural Resources Management; (9) Spill Prevention and Response; (10) Environmental Management System; (11) Environmental Impact Analysis Program (EIAP) Management; and (12) Qualified Recycling Program Management.
(2) Manages the entire Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution (PPB&E) for the installation's environmental quality (EQ) program area. Additional budgetary responsibilities may include working with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Energy and Environment for recurring environmental costs related to DLA owned fuel systems. Provides financial analysis and planning for Environmental resource requirements, to include planning, programming and execution. Plans, budgets, and reports environmental financial information regarding the environmental programs through directed financial databases.
(3) Manages Environmental Planning aspects of the program.
(a) Prepares and guides implementation of environmental program plans. Environmental program plans include, but are not limited to (1) Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan; (2) Strom Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP); (3) Hazardous Waste Management Plan (HWMP); (4) Air Emission Inventory (AEI); (5) Green Procurement Plan (GPP); (6) Integrated Pest Management Plan; (7) Refrigerant Management Plan; (8) Cultural or Natural Resources Management Plans; (9) Environmental Management System (EMS) Plans; and (10) Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan.
(b) Serves as an active member of the installation Design Working Group (DWG) and/or Facilities Utilization Board (FUB) accomplishing short term and long range planning in conjunction with Civil Engineering for future military construction and renovation projects. Responsible for ensuring all necessary environmental permits for related construction projects are obtained and necessary plans developed and implemented.
(c) In accordance with the Environmental Impact Analysis Process (EIAP) Statutory requirements, the incumbent is responsible for evaluating the environmental impact of construction and renovation projects. Facilitates the decision making process ensuring due consideration is given to the natural environment, social, political, economic, and governance factors and provides a holistic frame work designed for the achievement of sustainable outcomes.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel for training and work related activities