Who May Apply: Open to All United States Citizens
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Learn more about this agency
What is a VA Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP)?
A CMOP is a centralized, highly automated prescription filling operation utilizing assembly line techniques, robotics, and software interfaces and automated filling systems to produce an accurately filled prescription, within accepted pharmaceutical practices, packaged for delivery to our nation's veterans.
Join the Mid-South Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy, an organization that provides prescription services to veteran patients nationwide. Located in scenic Middle Tennessee, we enjoy a moderate climate, historic sites, 30 miles from Nashville entertainment and that college town feeling with Middle Tennessee State University Located in the heart of Murfreesboro. We care for those who cared for us.
Moving expenses: Moving expenses/incentives will not be offered or paid.
Functional Statement Numbers: Lead Pharmacy Technician Functional Statement GS-0661-07 #00006A
Work Schedule: 3:30 pm to 12:00 am - Monday to Friday (Shift may vary between 6 am and 12 midnight depending on the facility needs).
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact OCCWFMRA@VA.GOV for information on how to apply under Special Employment Consideration.
Incumbent serves as the coordinator, advisor, analyst, and planner for their assigned production area for prescription mail-out fulfillment. Responsible for the day- to-day technical administration of their assigned operations area and to ensure that their assigned area is fully coordinated with other production areas. Primary responsibility for one of the following areas: Tablet/Capsule Automation (TCA), Unit-of Issue Dispensing, Manual Dispensing, Bulk Dispensing, or Controlled Substance Dispensing. This position requires the candidate to be certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board and maintains their national Pharmacy Technician Recertification. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Continually provides oversight and makes recommendations to improve the utilization of resources.
- Monitors all prescription throughput of allocated workload to insure timeliness, accuracy, and successful processing.
- Assists in facilitating employee mandatory training including, but not limited to equipment safety, equipment orientation, The Joint Commission, mandatory annual training, and all competency related areas.
- Assists in the coordination and planning of staffing and resources required to update each production area to keep at maximum efficiency.
- Reviews daily staffing and resources for effective reallocation and coordinates concerns with the supervisor and/or the shift Supervisory Pharmacist.
- Prioritize placement of drugs to ensure efficient use of all subsystems.
- Coordinates the timing of upgrades and repairs based on production needs.
- Manipulates available workload to maximize usage of all available zones, cells, pucks, or totes.
- Ensures that there is adequate work assigned to the active queue to keep manual subsystem at maximum efficiency.
- Monitors backorders and provides information for on hand stock in order to coordinate with procurement and the medical centers for possible shortage situations and the changes that occur with such problems.
Physical Requirements: Work may be performed in a highly mechanized warehouse setting around production machinery. Moderate noise and traffic requires attention to safety. Some work areas involve a moderate risk requiring exercise of safety precautions when operating or working around the automated equipment (i.e., accumulators, moving belts, etc.)
Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is mandatory when handling identified medications as stated in CMOP Standard Operating Procedures. The work requires regular and recurring physical exertion, involving standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time, lifting/carrying of pharmaceutical supplies weighing up to 50 lbs and bending/stooping/reaching.
Placement Policy: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position." This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/464865100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.