Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: You will serve as a Program Support Specialist, DoD passport reimbursement program lead and Passport Agent, in support of Directorate of Executive Travel, Passport and Visa Division located at Fort Belvoir, in Fairfax, VA. The incumbent independently serves as a technical authority with knowledge of particular regulations, procedures and processes to examine legal instruments and supporting documents in providing Passport and Visa support CONUS and OCONUS-wide and providing detailed program analysis. Informs management of potentially controversial issues, changes in policy and procedures and potential congressional issues. The reimbursement program requires extensive utilization of Microsoft Excel for analysis and reporting purposes. Work is evaluated according to overall quality of service provided, and adherence to governing policies, procedures and regulations.
Who May Apply:
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
Career Program 51
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility
for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Serves as a Program Support Specialist, DoD passport reimbursement program lead and Passport Agent, in support of Directorate of Executive Travel, Passport and Visa Division.
- The incumbent exercises responsibilities in dealing with officials of other units or organizations as the DoD reimbursement program lead with a projected budget of over $20,500,000 and as a DoD Passport Acceptance Agent.
- Works with supervisors and information technology support teams to recommend new business processes to increase data reconciliation time for over 190,000 Official Passports annually, developing and managing reporting, and ensuring fiscal accountability.
- Articulates and communicates to the leadership the project status, problems to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- Cross trains Passport and Visa Agents on current and developing processes and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques, provides advice on work methods, practices and procedures, and assists individual staff members in identifying the parameters of a viable solution.
- Develops and leads the DoD passport reimbursement program in: monitoring and reporting on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work to see that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
- Maintains program and administrative reference materials, project files and relevant background documents and makes available policies, procedures and written instructions from the supervisor; maintains current knowledge to answer questions from management on procedures, policies, and directives.
- Prepares technical, fiscal, management, reporting and administrative planning documentation associated with assigned activities. Prepares status reports, reviews and analyzes charts, presentations, and briefings, as required, to inform management of the actual status of program/projects/activities and progress toward accomplishment of objectives.
- Reviews, researches, analyzes and evaluates and coordinates with passport acceptance agents programs/facilities and makes recommendations for corrective action. Coordinates with Department of State program managers and production manager personnel to implement initiatives, corrective actions and problem solving efforts as apply to program execution.