Aircraft Ordnance Systems Mechanic Supervisor
Appointment Type: Permanent
PD #: D1738P01
Salary Range: $31.45-$36.68
*Candidates must possess and maintain a Secret Security Clearance*
*PCS is not authorized*
MEMBERSHIP IN THE AIR NATIONAL GUARD IS REQUIRED: This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in the Idaho Air National Guard as a condition of employment. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Loss of military membership will result in immediate loss of your full-time military technician position.
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
Current members in the Idaho Air National Guard.
Application materials must be received by Wednesday, March 08, 2017. Failure to provide complete information may result in your not receiving consideration for this position. Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations section to understand the requirements.Learn more about this agency
MAJOR DUTIES: (Detailed duties are on the Position Description available at the Human Resources Office)
The purpose of this position is to supervise workers, either directly or through one or more subordinate leaders, in accomplishing the operations of a distinct organizational unit and to perform associated non-supervisory work. The occupation and non-supervisory grade level which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Aircraft Ordnance Systems Mechanic, WG-6652-11.
(1) Planning. Plans weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations. Establishes deadlines and priorities based on established general schedules, methods and policies. Determines skills, materials and equipment required to do the work and participates in the initial planning of current and future work schedules and development of budget requests. Provides workload data, estimates, information on staffing needs, and recommendations for the scheduling of projected work.
(2) Work Direction. Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Instructs subordinates on new procedures or methods and provides assistance on difficult or new problem areas. Reviews work in progress or on completion. Makes adjustments as necessary to effectively and economically accomplish the work. Notes and investigates work related problems and independently implements corrective actions which can be taken without affecting work operations controlled by other supervisors. Assures that equipment and materiel is available when needed. Coordinates work with other units.
(3) Administration. Recommends and participates in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies. Schedules and approves leave of subordinates. Sets performance requirements and makes formal and informal performance appraisals. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for its accomplishment. Counsels employees on problems. Adjusts informal complaints through discussions with employees and union representatives. Takes informal corrective action on conduct or performance problems. Initiates proposals for disciplinary action where needed. Works to achieve the objectives of Government-wide programs and policies, e.g. equal employment opportunity and labor management relations.
(4) Performs the non-supervisory work of the function as needed.
(5) Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current members in the Idaho Air National Guard.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/463873000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.