POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EST
NG MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the NG. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
FOR QUESITONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA AIR NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-1172.
Position is located in the Plans and Resource Flight of the Communication Squadron, MSG of and ANG Wing. The primary purpose of this position is to implement and administer the Information Resource Management Program within the Wing/Base network and manual operation environments. This includes the management, organization , direction, control, and customer education of all actions associated with the collection, creation, use, and dissemination of official information, and related records.
NOTE: SELECTEE MUST BE CERTIFIED IN ACCORDANCE WITH DODI 8570.01-M AND OBTAIN SPECIAL EXPERIENCE IDENTIFIER (SEI) 264 IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT AF DIRECTIVES. INITIAL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE EXPENSE OF THE GOVERNMENT. EXAM FEES MAY BE REIMBURSED AFTER SUCCESSFUL EXAM COMPLETION. APPLICANT MUST BE CERTIFIED AT THE LEVEL OF IAT II WITHIN 6 MONTHS, WAIVERABLE TO 1 YEAR. VISIT http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx TO REFERENCE IA LEVEL INFORMATION.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN THE LEVEL OF SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
CONCURRENT AGR ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: AGR-AF-17-005
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: 155 CF, Lincoln, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Dual Status Air (Excepted Service) Enlisted position only.
Open Area of Consideration: 1, 2, AND 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1-Current perm and indef bargaining unit techs of the NENG
Area 2-All Drill Status/M-Day members and temp techs of the NENG
Area 3-Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the NENG
Area 4-All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the NENG. Selected individual must become a member of the respective NENG prior to the effective date of hire.
Qualified applicants will be referred in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1
2. Fully qualified Area 2
3. Fully qualified Area 3
4. TraineesLearn more about this agency
(1) Manages and provides guidance to Wing/Base on Enterprise Information Management (EIM). This encompasses a combination of functions and business processes for leveraging information management techniques, accountability, and policies. This includes planning, manipulating, and controlling information across the Global Information Grid throughout its life cycle to enhance aerospace operations.
(2) Manages the Wing/Base Electronic Records Management (ERM) and Records Life Cycle Program for supported organization according to Air Force directives using automated management systems, instruction, and garner guidance from higher headquarters. Administers electronic records structure, permission and storage. Prepares, review, and provides direction and guidance in support of ERM requirements. Serves as a consultant to all Wing/Base Functional Area Records Managers for retention and disposal of records. Conducts staff assistance visits to Functional Area Record Managers (FARM)s and their assigned areas. Makes recommendations for changes to the records disposition schedules and procedures. Ensure Wing/Base compliance with Federal and agency standards and policies. Establishes and manages a records staging area for the base.
(3) Serves as Wing/Base Webmaster for all internet and intranet pages, including SharePoint, the AF Portal and Communities of Practice (CoPs). Manages, coordinates and implement local and higher headquarters policies and regulator statues concerning content, format and maintenance of Web pages.
(4) Develop and maintain the Wing/Base Content Management Program. Central point of contact (POC) for all matters concerning official correspondence to include developing, implementing, organizing and directing policies, programs, and procedures for appropriate correspondence preparation, routing, and transmission. Acts as Wing/Base Organizational Accounts Representative (OAR). Directs all matters concerning Wing/Base publications and forms in both paper and electronic media for the Wing/Base organization. Performs analysis of all Wing/Base publications and forms, including those of subordinate units. Prepares and maintains publications and forms to include both paper and electronic media IAW current directives, to include design, creation, maintenance, coordination, approval, publication and enduring life cycle. Ensures publications and forms are issued in the appropriate publication series, media and format in accordance with prescribing government directives. Coordinates with OPR to ensure wing/Base publications and forms do not duplicate or conflict with higher headquarters' issuance.
(5) Manages Wing/Base Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA) Programs. Provides guidance and training concerning information privacy, confidentiality, security disclosure and sharing of information collected regardless of media. Reviews and evaluates all information requests subject to the FOIA or Privacy Act. Coordinates the release or denials of information with the Judge Advocate's Office, Public Affairs and other agencies. Ensures compliance with statutory time limits. Provides FOIA reports as required. Coordinates extension of time limits for processing requests.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel for training and work related activities
Who May Apply
This job is open to…AREA 1, 2 and 3
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/463644300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.