Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is being re-announced. All applicants that previously applied to the vacancy # EUHR167993511870649 must re-apply to be considered.
Announcement extended to close on 29 Mar 2017.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located in Stuttgart, Germany. Stuttgart is the cultural and political capital of Baden-Wuerttemberg and one of Europe's foremost metropolitan areas. Stuttgart is charmingly situated in the heart of one of Germany's largest wine-growing regions, attracting tourists by its magnificent panorama, its impressive gardens and parks, palaces and buildings in a wide range of architectural styles, but also by its cultural diversity. The city of Stuttgart comprises five counties encompassing 179 towns and rural districts. It is the home to USAG Stuttgart, HQ US EUCOM, HQ US AFRICOM, and other tenant units. For additional information please visit www.stuttgart.army.mil/
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Vacancies from this announcement may be filled at the following grade levels: GS-03 and GS-04. This position has promotion potential to the GS-04 grade level. If selected below the full performance level, incumbent may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
As a Dental Assistant you will:
- Assist dentist chair side as they perform duties. Take preliminary impressions from study models.
Pour and trim model from impressions, and construct custom impression trays.
- Operate dental X-ray equipment to take intra- and extra-oral radiographs. Position patients and film to achieve proper photographic angles. Retrieve digital images and/or develop and finish film. Maintain, clean, and perform minor repairs on X-ray equipment and materials. Keep alert to condition of patients during treatment for signs of fainting, shock, or other distress.
- Receive and schedule patients for treatment. Obtain and record related medical history of patients. Record information relayed by dentist on prescriptions.
- Take and record blood pressure and pulse of oral surgery patients before and after treatment. Chart examination and treatment information as relayed by dentist to patient records. Maintain a variety of recurring reports related to dental activities. Relay dentist's instructions to patient for post-treatment care. Maintain safety precautions when administering radiation used in dental radiography.
- Pour and trim models from impressions. Maintain dental equipment in a clean and operative condition. Store and maintain adequate levels of dental supplies.
- Prepare and arrange instruments and materials needed for treatment. Pass instruments and materials to and from the dentist. Keep area of operation clear using high speed evacuator, suction tip, and irrigation. Maintain aseptic conditions, stabilize tissue for dentist, and cut sutures.