Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
position is a TERM position. It is temporary and may be extended up to a
maximum of four years.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Ft. Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste. It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. World-class ski resorts are available within a short 2 1/2 hour drive, golf courses and biking trails are available on the installation as well as in the surrounding community. Numerous colleges and universities are available for continuing education.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician for the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) outpatient clinic you will:
- Coordinate and perform fitness for duty evaluations including MEB and Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL) evaluations.
- Perform comprehensive reviews of medical records.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, x-rays, and ancillary tests.
- Utilize sound clinical judgment to arrange for other medical specialty consultation.
- Dictate and review narrative summaries that include consultant opinions in preparation for Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) review.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% Business Travel required.