The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
For EHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Leads and/or directs technical forums evaluating nuclear, conventional, advanced weapon and/or C-CBRN programs. Provides direction and leadership in formal and informal technical forums to premier scientists and engineers from Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Energy (DOE) National Laboratories and industry contractors to provide weapon technology solutions to the USAF and to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
- Directs advanced technologies and develops system requirements for complete end-to-end technology development. Provides direction and leadership in evaluating technologies which are often times novel, state-of-the-art, have incomplete data, and require the careful and meticulous defining of assumptions.
- Provides independent analysis and recommendations to nuclear, conventional, and C-CBRN programs. Provides technical expertise/advice and drives efforts to develop and validate end-to-end Concepts of Operation (CONOPS).
- Provides expert scientific advice to USAF and DoD agencies on nuclear, conventional, and C-CBRN related technologies.
- Identifies and evaluates capabilities and gaps associated with various warheads, platforms and associated support equipment. Conducts detailed, complete technical evaluations of current and future warheads, platforms, and support equipment to determine capabilities and vulnerabilities.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.