The Boise VA Medical Center is recruiting for a Temporary Claims Assistant working in Health Administration Service (HAS).
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact on the last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Health Administration Service at the Boise VA Medical Center (BVAMC) in Boise, Idaho. The incumbent serves as Authorization Clerk for the Department of Veterans Affairs, VISN 20, and Non-VA Care Service Section. The incumbent is responsible for generating authorizations for the Clinic of Jurisdiction Non-VA Care for BVAMC, and for making eligibility determinations for the various programs in Non-VA Care. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Acts as a liaison between the Veteran and the Vendors with regard to Non-VA Care Workload Section.
- Reviews and determines Veteran's eligibility for specialty programs in the Non-VA Care program and process their authorizations appropriately.
- Prepares, composes and reviews correspondence prepared for the purpose of obtaining or supplying information.
- Makes an individual determination in each claim based upon legal entitlement; provides general program support work such as the collection, compilation, research, and/or tracking of data and program information.
- Receives and processes documents and reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Completes and enters pertinent information into an automated tracking system.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Position Description Title/PD#: Claims Assistant, 60286-A
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/463073700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.