This position is located in the NOAA Atlantic Oceanographic & Meteorological Laboratory (AOML), Physical Oceanography Division, Miami, Florida. http://www.aoml.noaa.govLearn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-3 is equivalent to the GS-11/12. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14.
The full performance level of the position is ZP-04.
This position is also announced under vacancy number OAR-AOML-2017-0006 which is open to Status Candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both
* A three year probationary period may be required.
* A hiring incentive may be authorized.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit.
This vacancy may be used to fill other Oceanographer (Research) ZP-1360 3/4 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
At the ZP-4 level, the individual selected for this position will:
- Develop and implement studies and research to determine the effect of the ocean on the climate.
- Design, collect, compile, process, analyze and interpret oceanographic data.
- Prepare data reports and scientific articles.
- Apply knowledge of oceanographic sampling systems, problem solving and presenting.
- Use extensive knowledge of large-scale ocean-atmosphere interaction, inter annual-decadal climate variability, and a mastery of geophysical fluid dynamics to prepare scientific papers for publication.
Occasional travel - Selectees will be expected to travel up to two scientific and/or operational non-local meetings per year
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462865400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.