OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment / Relocation Incentive: A recruitment / relocation incentive up to 25 percent may be offered.
Noncompetitive Consideration: Current career Senior Executives, Qualifications Review Board (QRB) certified graduates of Senior Executive Service (SES) candidate development programs, and individuals with SES reinstatement eligibility will be considered for noncompetitive appointment.
As the Counselor to the Inspector General, you will be responsible for using a demonstrated understanding of or familiarity with the workings of the Department of Veterans Affairs to:
· Provide legal and policy recommendations based on research, analysis, and the evaluation of the results of OIG reviews and investigations and expert information.
· Serve as a senior advisor to the Inspector General on issues that affect the success of the OIG's programs, projects and priorities.
· Review and edit OIG reports and correspondence requiring the Inspector General's approval. These materials include OIG audits, inspections, investigations, special reviews, seminannual reports, Congressional reports, and other reports.
· Develop strategies that best serve the agency's interest, make independent decisions, and provide instructions and guidance in order to implement OIG strategies.
· Serve as a representative of and advocate for the OIG's work, programs, legal proceedings, and resource needs with appropriate external groups, including Congress, senior VA officials, the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency, and outside organizations.”
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified U.S. citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462856200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.