About the Agency
This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Services, Northeast Fisheries Science Center Operation, Management and Information Office, Woods Hole, Massachusetts.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZA-04 is equivalent to the GS-13/14.
The full performance level of this position is ZA-04.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-NEFSC-2017-0009, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year supervisory probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This vacancy may be used to fill other Supervisory Budget Analyst ZA-0560-04 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as Budget and Finance Unit Chief and Senior Budget Analyst, supervise and manage a staff of technical personnel and analyst that analyze, track, and execute budgets.
- Provide budgetary guidance and serve as expert advisor to management on accounting and budget execution and financial analysis. Provide estimates of NEFC allocations, budget revisions or amendments, recommend policy changes, develop annual targets, labor projections, fixed cost projections, provide recommendations to leadership for resource management decisions and coordinate the resource review process.
- Review, analyze, and interpret existing and proposed legislations, appropriation language, executive orders, and Department of Commerce (DOC) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) directives by providing guidance and instructions to agency officials in meeting both financial and budgetary internal and external requirements.
- Be responsible for budget execution oversight to accomplish NEFSC goals and mission objectives. Formulate and monitor the annual budget including labor costs, routine operating expenses and other funding allocated to the Center.
- Utilize and refine financial management systems, incorporate computer capabilities to meet financial management and budget preparation requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 10% of Domestic Travel may be required.