This position is located in the Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Special Plans and Operations (SPO). SPO conducts assessments and evaluations of DoD programs, functions, and missions to facilitate change by promoting efficiency and enhanced program results on matters of interest to members of Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Inspector General, and DoD leaders. The incumbent directs a division within SPO and is responsible for managing projects, including assessments, evaluations and inspections.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Learn more about this agency
-Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
-Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
-Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
-Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
-Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
-Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
-Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
-Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
-Eligible for 30% Disabled Veteran
-Eligible for Persons with Disability
As a Supervisory Program Analyst your duties include, but are not limited to:
1) Directing a division composed of analytical and other professional administrative staff conducting multiple, interdisciplinary projects in a matrix environment.
2) Serving as a key advisor to SPO leadership on corporate issues and governance, is responsible for strategic. operational and business planning to meet OIG and SPO vision, goals and objectives, develops or participates in the development of multi-year plans to address immediate and long-range goals.
3) Sponsoring projects, overseeing operations and technical planning for projects and ensuring that projects comply with SPO and OIG standards, and are appropriately staffed and resources.
4) Performing senior level oversight of project execution, supervising and providing technical advice to project leaders; identifying and resolving issues that may impede progress or that require higher level intervention by SPO or OIG leadership.
5) Representing SPO in projects, presenting in-briefs and out-briefs to management of client being evaluated and at other stages of project execution.
6) Representing SPO internally and externally; defends SPO project reports and findings; engaging stakeholders to assess their concerns; explaining SPO policies and procedures, and to plan future lines of business and projects.
7) Responsibility for project reports and documentation and for compliance with SPO and OIG standards and protocols. Approving report distribution, resolving issues that arise during report preparation and coordination, and identifying and utilizing strategies to facilitate coordination and minimize non-concurrence.
8) Managing assigned staff working in a matrix environment, planning and assigning work, delegating responsibility, establishing priorities and providing developmental activities for staff.
9) Establishing performance standards and evaluating individual and collective performance and overall effectiveness in meeting SPO and OIG goals and objectives.
Occasional travel - Requires up to 25% of temporary duty travel (TDY) within the continental United States (CONUS) and outside of the continental United States (OCONUS.)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles). Current Permanent Career or Career Conditional Federal Employees with Competitive Status, Reinstatement Eligibles, Individuals with Special Appointing Authorities, Interchange Agreement, Disabled Veterans, Executive Order 12721 Eligibles, Military Spouses Under Executive Order 13473, & ICTAP Eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462511900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.