Transcripts from an accredited institution are required (see required documents)
About the Position:
This recruitment is for three Natural Resources Specialist (Ranger) GS-05/07/09 developmental positions with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Ft. Worth District, Operations Division, Trinity Regional Office in the following Texas locations: Grapevine, Wylie, and Lewisville.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program.
Click herefor more
information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be
converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to
all requirements of the Program.
- EXCEPTION: Positions in the Instructional Systems (GS-1750) series, Operations Research (GS-1515) series, Accounting and Budget (GS-05XX) series, and all occupations covered by the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) require a 24-month appointment period in order to complete the training and/or certification requirements specific to each occupation prior to conversion.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to
which the Recent Graduate will be converted
To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a
qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational
or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Students may apply within nine months of meeting their education requirements.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
This is a developmental position, the target level for this assignment is GS-09. You will perform developmental assignments under close supervision. Assignments become progressively more difficult until the full-performance level is reached. At the full performance grade level you will serve as a Natural Resources Specialist (Ranger) for the lake project office. At the lower grade levels you will be performing duties under close supervision. You will coordinate long and short-range planning and execution of all activities related to one or more of the following:
- Recreation and park administration
- Shoreline management and stabilization
- Fisheries and wildlife management
- Invasive species management
- Soil and water conservation
- Historic property management and protection
- Visitor assistance, public safety and education
After program completion, Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent or term appointment without further competition.
This position is being filled at the GS-05, GS-07,and/or GS-09 level with potential conversion to a position with a full performance level at GS-09.
- Occasional Travel
- Business Travel Conditions (TDY) up to 10%