Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: The positions are located within the Great Plains Area IHS. There MAY NOT be immediate vacancies at all locations. Interested applicants should check with the local Administrative Office concerning immediate employment needs. Positions may also be filled at other IHS locations including the Great Plains Area Office and Tribe Organizations as vacancies occur. The purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive care to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients within the Great Plains Area.
This is an "Open Continuous Vacancy Announcement" and applications will be referred when vacancies occur.
Exceptional recruiting difficulty may result in payment of a recruitment or relocation incentive/bonus.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Direct Hire Authority procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-17-GP-1896211-DHA++; for eligibility requirements.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be consideredLearn more about this agency
- The incumbent independently operates fixed/portable radiography machine to meet the needs of the department.
- Receives patients, explains methods of procedures, positions and sets technical factors to attain a high quality radiography.
- Uses densitometer, and sensitometer on a daily basis if this equipment is available to assure high quality radiography.
- Uses proper dark room techniques.
- Develops/Maintains a quality control system for the automatic film processor on a daily basis to meet accrediting body standards.
- Performs a variety of routine to complex examinations to meet the needs of the medical staff.
- Requisitions supplies to meet the needs of the department; Maintains and updates the departmental Procedures Manual to meet all accrediting requirements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Candidates eligible under Indian Preference authority; Federal employee serving on career/career-conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles; applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/VRA/30% disabled veterans; CTAP/ICTAP; Schedule A eligibles; PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462362300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.