OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.Learn more about this agency
This position is for a Masters level Social Worker in NF/SG, which is part of the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System. The social worker will directly report to TOPC Chief Medical Officer. The Social Work Chief has clinical professional oversight responsibility.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as an interdisciplinary team member and provides services for Veterans with primary care and/or specialty care needs.
- Uses a high level of skill in assessing and treating complex psychosocial needs of Veterans and their family members/caregivers often during times when the Veteran/family members/caregivers are experiencing crisis.
- Exercises mature professional judgment and uses a wide range of clinical skills in independently providing clinical psychosocial, case management, and mental health services to Veterans and their family members/caregivers.
- Provides psychosocial education, group and individual counseling appropriate to level of licensure.
- Coordinates care, develops and uses VA and community resources to facilitate referrals, develop and implement treatment plans and provide accurate information to patients, family, staff, and other internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Works closely with an interdisciplinary team, therefore, it is important that the social worker be a team player.
- Provides coverage as needed for co-workers, which may include social work coverage in other parts of the System.
- Complies with all policies/regulations of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Attends and participates in administrative and clinical staff meetings.
- Participates in the student training program and may serve on facility, VISN, and national committees and workgroups.
Work Schedule: Monday Friday, 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m., Full-Time (Some weekends and evenings may be required.)
Functional Statement Title/#: Social Worker (PACT/Specialty Care) (TOPC)/573-FS-122-013; 573-FS-122 (TOPC)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…DIRECT HIRE CERT
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462058600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.