The ESA offers rewarding career opportunities in data science, data engineering, economics, program analysis, and administrative support in addition to competitive salaries, flexible hours and work arrangements, developmental opportunities, recognition, a variety of benefits and health insurance plans, and other employment incentives. Come join a crucial team that supports the information and analytical needs of the Department of Commerce and the Executive Branch.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Some applicants may not be eligible to be hired under THIS announcement. Please make sure you apply to the announcement that entitles you to consideration. Read the `Who May Apply section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see ESA-2017-0011, Information Technology Specialist (Data Management), GS-2210-14, CENSUS-MP-CDH, which can be accessed at http://www.USAJOBS.gov
This vacancy is for an Information Technology Specialist (Data Management) in the Economics and Statistics Administration (ESA), in Washington, DC.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation may be paid.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Develop statistical and machine learning algorithms using data (e.g., prediction and estimation) and deriving evidence-based insight that support policy and business processes.
- Serve as the technical lead on assigned products and projects, and coordinate with both the Data Science and Engineering teams.
- Mentor and coach members of the data science team to produce high quality output that is successfully executed and is aligned with the needs of the Department of Commerce's 12 Bureaus.
- Lead and monitor project progress, and evaluate and provide recommendations on new database technologies and architectures in collaboration with designers, software and data engineers, and data scientists.
- Build interactive visualization to communicate technical findings.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462054100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.