This position is located in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). The National Museum of African American History and Culture is the largest national museum for the study and exhibition of African American history and culture. Its primary purposes are to acquire, maintain and preserve objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the United States related to the African American experience; to conduct scholarly research designed to make significant contributions to the body of knowledge in the field of African American history, to publish findings for both scholarly and general audiences; and to interpret historical developments through public exhibits and programs as well as digital content.Learn more about this agency
Assists the Program Manager, Facilities Planning and Business Programs, and the Associate Director for Operations, by providing oversight of office operations associated with business development, particularly with Smithsonian Enterprises (SE), including:
- developing, implementing and evaluating short- and long-term business concepts, plans and specific program and products based on the Museum's collections and research;
- developing and maintaining policies and procedures for NMAAHC partnerships with SE, including developing and vetting concepts and products within Museum;
- liaising with NMAAHC colleagues, SE and SI management and other contacts outside the Museum to gather and analyze information about Museum processes and programs;
- analyzing, developing, tracking, recording and monitoring administrative processes associated with business development;
- facilitating meetings between program constituents and tracking progress of each item being developed assuring credits are matched with appropriate income from PD&L;
- assisting the Program Manager, Facilities Planning and Business Programs, with the physical maintenance, modification, and repair of café and shops as appropriate; and
- with the NMAAHC Director, Associate Director for Operations and Program Manager, Facilities Planning and Business Programs desiging and negotiating revenues sharing with other users of the NMAAHC.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462042900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.