About the Agency
GAO's work is designed to address four goals:
- to help the Congress address current and emerging challenges to the well-being and financial security of the American people;
- to help the Congress to respond to changing security threats and the challenges of global interdependence;
- to help transform the Federal government to address national challenges; and
- to maximize the value of GAO by enabling quality, timely service to Congress and by being a leading practices Federal agency.
Voted one of the best places to work in the federal government since 2005, we provide flexibilities and benefits to our employees. We promote dynamic and forward-thinking workplace practices. We foster an inclusive work environment that emphasizes continuous learning, personal and professional development, and incentives for exceptional performance. We promote equal opportunity for all staff without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. GAO's success in embracing and leveraging the diversity of its employees is central to our mission of serving a diverse American population through its congressional representatives.
To learn more about GAO please visit us on the web at http://www.gao.gov/careers/index.html.
This position is located in Government Accountability Office (GAO), office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Workforce Management and Analysis Group. The incumbent evaluates GAO programs, operations, and policies within the scope of the CAO and programs and processes that affect the entire agency. This encompasses the work of a wide variety of GAO organizations and managers.
• Using SAS and other off the shelf applications and software, prepares GAO-wide staffing summaries and reports, full-time equivalent reports, manpower data, and reports tracking the various employment actions throughout GAO.
• Serves as project or program manager on numerous ad hoc assignments requiring the ability to identify issues and concerns, develop a process to evaluate a wide variety of situations, and report conclusions and recommendations.
• Analyzes customer needs to determine functional requirements and technical options, and develops plans for delivering products and services that meet customer requirements. Prepares quarterly and other reports for the CAO and other senior officials
• Collaborates with staff to develop methodologies and strategies to improve the quality of programs and services CAO units deliver.
• Serves as a liaison to or a member of CAO teams tasked with researching, analyzing, and reporting on administrative and operational issues.
• Prepares various documents, written reports, and briefing papers to support analyses and recommendations.
• Provides analytical assistance to staff on critical projects and programs such as the strategic plan, business process reengineering, and other CAO- and GAO-wide programs and processes as needed
• Assists customers and stakeholders with questions regarding the organization’s products and services.
- Occasional Travel
- Infrequent travel