About the Agency
The successful candidate in this position will serve as the Assistant Manager for Mission Assurance, as an Assistant Manager you will provide strategic direction to engineers, scientists, program managers and support personnel in the KCFO Office of Mission Assurance.
As the Assistant Manager for Mission Assurance, you will:
- Provide technical and programmatic guidance and direction to the operating contractor regarding programs, engineering and development systems, process development and technology support, production systems, weapons quality and infrastructure requirements to support the mission.
- Provide policy guidance and direction with the scope of contract Work Authorizations and developing performance goals and requirements to direct the contractors engineering, manufacturing, and planning and budgeting efforts.
- Develop performance measures for evaluating contractor performance for and in support of production operations, campaigns, quality programs, and planning and budgeting for purposes of free determination.
- Provide programmatic leadership, direction, and technical expertise for design, improvement, maintenance and operation of an unusually large combination of unique manufacturing processes, chemical laboratory processes, development facilities, engineering activities, and supporting functions all required to achieve NNSA weapons complex mission objectives.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.