Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is a standing register and there is no guarantee for referral based on applying to this announcement.
- As job opportunities occur, referral lists may be issued from this announcement. Candidates will be contacted directly by the hiring organization when they are being considered for a position.
- This announcement may be used to fill permanent, temporary, or term positions.
- This announcement may be used to fill supervisory positions.
- This announcement may be used to fill Practical/Vocational Nurse positions in outpatient clinics. Outpatient clinics work Monday through Friday, day shift. Specific hours will be determined by the supervisor.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Practical Nurse, you will:
- Obtain information from patient and/or family in order to identify major complaints, symptoms, or reason for seeking healthcare.
- Provide individualized nursing care to patients of all ages based upon the physician's medical care plan, nursing assessment, and the physical, mental, and emotional needs of the patient.
- Review immunization records in order to determine required immunizations, correct dosages, and routes of administration.
- Administer oral, intradermal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular immunizations to patients of all ages.
- Instruct parents/guardians regarding normal verses adverse reactions to immunizations and treatment.
- Perform both administrative and logistical tasks as a member of the healthcare team for the clinic, or hospital by contributing to maintaining the environment and resources to deliver healthcare.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel may be required.