About the Agency
IMPORTANT: Unless you are a GSA or Land Management employee as described in the Who Can Apply section your application will not be considered. Do not apply to this announcement.
As a Supervisory Contract Specialist, you will be responsible for the supervision of contracting officers and contracting specialists; balances tasks among employees, ensures deadlines are met and that each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
The position is located in The General Services Administration, Federal Acquisition Service, Information Technology Category, Office of IT (Non-Mas) Acquisition Operations.
GSA's Office of Information Technology Category (ITC) provides access to private sector IT & telecommunications solutions for federal, state & local government agencies. ITC works with federal agencies, OMB & industry to create common solutions for IT services, hardware, software, telecommunications, cyber security, & identity management. 98% of federal agencies use ITC solutions. ITC works with the Office of Federal Procurement Policy & the Office of the Federal Chief Information Office to develop & implement acquisition and technology initiatives such as strategic sourcing, category management, cloud, cyber, enterprise licensing agreements for software, desktop configurations & data center optimization. ITC plays a unique role in supporting agencies with acquisition & technical expertise to make better buying decisions reduce duplication & improve mission results. See www.gsa.gov/its for information on ITC programs & contracts.
GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA. GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including: Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans); Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from; Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs; Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan); Flexible work schedules and telework; Transit and child care subsidies; and Training and development.
At this time we are only filling one vacancies,however additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement, as needed.
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.
As a supervisor, the incumbent balances tasks among employees, ensures deadlines are met and that each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product. Specifically, you will:
- Review assigned employees' work in progress and upon completion to determine the quality and quantity of work produced by each employee. Assess employee performance and prepare formal evaluations.
- Represent the organization in negotiations with leaders in the IT industry, both within and outside the Government and interact with representatives at the highest levels.
- Perform the full range of pre- and post-award acquisition activities. Work jointly with a multitude of personnel (e.g., program, finance, budget, and legal), and provide expert leadership to the acquisition team.
- Direct the acquisition planning and development of contractual strategies for the specific acquisition and issuance of large-scale, complex solicitations performed by subordinate contract specialists.
- Initiate and direct special studies as needed, and prepare special reports or position papers involving acquisition activities.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel, less than 25% for training and meetings.